Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Papi Fairy!!

This is a long story, but I don't want to forget it, so I'm typing it all down.
Todd & I had been telling GracieKate for the last few weeks that the "papi fairy" was going to be coming to our house soon!! We knew this fairy was going to have to visit before the new baby's arrival!!
Ok, this all happened this past Saturday night...we hadn't planned it for that night, it just happened!!!
Todd & GKB were in the bathroom, he was getting ready to put her in the tub. She of course had her papi in her mouth! Todd went to take her shirt off, & the pap fell in the toilet!!!!!!!!! This was the LAST pap at our house (that we knew where it was)! We told her we were going to leave it out for the "papi fairy!" She was upset, but we talked to her about the fact that she was growing up & it was time to give up her papi.
She was really a big girl about the whole thing!! Thank God!! We left it out on a plate, and the three of us went to get in the bed! When we got in the bed she said, "mommy, has the papi fairy come yet?" I said no, because we had not gone to sleep!! She said can I go see it one more time? Of course all three of us head to see papi one more time!!!
Okay, Todd thought she was going to pick it up & put it in her mouth! He said just let her have it & we'll try again later. Well, she picked the papi up off the plate and hugged it close to her & she said, "I'm gonna miss you papi!" She put it back on the plate and turned around and did not look back!!!
Ok, my heart was breaking!!! I was the one crying like a little baby!! I was sooo sad for her!!However, yes I know she's growing up & it was certainly time for her to give up her papi, but it still hurt her mommy!!!! She went to bed just fine, & woke up to lots of goodies from the papi fairy!!!!
I'm ok with this, I think...

Well, maybe not...

I'm definetly NOT ok with this...


Bye, bye pap!!!



But, I know I've got to do this!!




The Papi Fairy came to visit me!!!!!!!!!!!




Yeah, I got prizes for being a BIG girl!!!!
Thanks Papi Fairy!!!!









No comments: